Skip Navigation

020200’s Creative Commons Music Netlabel Moments 2009

Time is flying, but 2009 was a good year in Creative Commons music - opposed to the music-lobbying from the global major labels. 2009 was also an interesting year from the political point of view - where I had lots of discussions, not only with music-activists, netculture-lovers, but also with people who formed the still new Pirate party here in Germany. For me CC-music was always a little bit more, than just putting plain mp3s into the internet. And maybe there are new opportunities coming up. The best is yet to come - the web is still a young fellow.

My activities 2009 did not only include talking, thinking and writing, but also manifested in real-life activities. I did co-organize the Cologne Commmons Festival and are running the site Netaudio-NRW - a site for Creative Commons Events in the area of North Rhine-Westfalia (NRW) area. I still wait for other people, doing a similar project in other parts of federal states of Germany - or also in other countries. Let's build a network!

Because of Netaudio-NRW I attended many events with Creative Commons music playing, and I can only suggest everyone to do so, too. The vibes and the quality are usually at a very high level. Here are (in addition to the other Top-5 charts) my Top-6 events of 2009:

1. Psycoded at Siegen (can't tell, but there was some certain magic)
  2. Das Blaue Monster, Aachen at the Journey (where I finally joined the FeD e.V.)
  3. goto80 at Cologne Commons (I am still speechless, especially about the screaming end of the show.. ;) )
  4. Modularfield at Kolbhallen, Köln 5. We-Ark Netlabelnight at Kunstetage, Köln
  5. Resisity / Fed e.V. Kickoff Party at Aachen
  6. Netlabelnights Düsseldorf (as a whole, keep up the things!!)

…unfortunately I still missed so many events, that would be worth it!!

Martin Wisniowski aka 020200

Top-5 Songs 2009

Frank Molder - "Orbital Movement"

Feldmaus - "Put on a magical hood"

Blessed House - "Sinister (feat. Corkhill)"

Professor Kliq - "All Control"

Fighter X - "Winter Death"

Top Netlabels 2009

1. rec72
  2. Budabeats
  3. Resting Bell
  4. Pause Music
  5. Error Broadcast

Best Creative Commons Albums 2009

1. Paniq - From Zero to Hero
  2. Meanwhileproject - Today is Sunday
  3. Slow - Dual Box (Resting Bell)
  4. Mr. Incognito - "LHC"
  5. Monokle - "Thesaurus"
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

12 comments

• Psycoded in Siegen was one of my favorites too, and I've never even been to Germany! I loved the online feeds though, when he had them. Great list!

Gravatar of Daniel Costalis Daniel Costalis said on
    14. Dec 2009 at 10:20 am
    Link #1

• Hm, not sure, if this is a spam-comment above?

Gravatar of 020200 020200 said on
    14. Dec 2009 at 11:11 am
    Link #2

• No... I'm not spam. Feel free to google me :-)

Gravatar of Daniel Costalis Daniel Costalis said on
    14. Dec 2009 at 11:20 am
    Link #3

• Well, I was doubting the same just right now, Daniel ;) I was just confused about "liked the show", while "not beeing there"? I can't remember, that we had a stream up there...

What list do you mean? Links?

Gravatar of 020200 020200 said on
    14. Dec 2009 at 11:26 am
    Link #4

• Well... Unless I'm confused... http://identi.ca/ccpartybot is what I was talking about.

Gravatar of Daniel Costalis Daniel Costalis said on
    14. Dec 2009 at 11:27 am
    Link #5

• Aha, well.... Cool ^^. I didn't know that!

Gravatar of 020200 020200 said on
    14. Dec 2009 at 11:28 am
    Link #6

• One of my really personal highlights was the "leech-box" at this party. If there was a track playing at the show, that you loved, you just could went to the DJ, and the operator just put the file of the recently playing track on your device. In my case, this was an iPod with RockBox-Operating System. Therefore I could directly listen to the music after the party on my earphones. This was a really cool experience. My top-1 song is from that party. (Anyway, mo. linked the wrong track, due a failure of mine. That will be corrected later that day.)

Gravatar of 020200 020200 said on
    14. Dec 2009 at 11:32 am
    Link #7

• The leech-box was the coolest idea I had ever heard of, and what got me interested in it to begin with! We're hoping to do a similar type of thing with a CC party around Chicago. I can't wait!

Gravatar of Daniel Costalis Daniel Costalis said on
    14. Dec 2009 at 11:36 am
    Link #8

• The operator-thing in order to get, what you hear at the moment, is really best practise! I can totally recommend that!

Gravatar of 020200 020200 said on
    14. Dec 2009 at 11:37 am
    Link #9

• Awesome. Did you guys have thumb drives to hand out (or sell) if people didn't bring their own? Were there a lot of people grabbing tracks?

Gravatar of Daniel Costalis Daniel Costalis said on
    14. Dec 2009 at 11:49 am
    Link #10

• Well, there were not too many people grabbing tracks.. ;)

It was more or less a little bit of experiment. And I think, that we now can build upon that. And no, we didn't sell drives.

Gravatar of 020200 020200 said on
    14. Dec 2009 at 11:52 am
    Link #11

• hohoho. thanks martin for your high ranking. its nice to have some groupies after all :)

and many thanks for the compliments and the kind words from windy city ;)
    really appreciate it. and for the plan to do this in chicago: go ahead and dont forget to invite me :)

cheers

Gravatar of psycoded psycoded said on
    15. Dec 2009 at 6:55 am